Model training course on Climate Change and Abiotic Stress Management Strategies for Enhancing Crop Productivity and Farmers Income
This training programme is designed to deliver and sensitize extension functionaries, faculties and research scholars with basic knowledge in the sphere of “Climate Change and Abiotic Stress Management” technologies and strategies. Their potential applicability for enhancing crop productivity and farmers income by alleviation of abiotic stresses in agriculture under present climate change scenario. The training schedule is enunciated in such a way that the trainees will secure hands on experience with latest abiotic stress management techniques and their application for transforming and reorienting agricultural development under the new realities of climate change and abiotic stress management.
The ICAR−National Institute of Abiotic Stress Management (NIASM) is a deemed to be University of its kind, focusing on cutting edge multi disciplinary research in area of abiotic stresses and provides policy support for their management in agriculture through mitigation and adaptation technologies.
- About the abiotic stress
- Climate change, food security and climate smart agriculture
- Water and soil management strategies for enhancing crop productivity
- Climate resilient crop production system for abiotic stresses mitigation
- Climate resilient horticulture
- Novel microbial, biotechnological and phenomics approaches for enhancing crop and water productivity