The powers and duties of its officers and employees
NIASM is a Unit of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). Director of the institute shall exercise such powers for their functioning as are delegated by the Governing Body or any authority of the ICAR. Powers are delegated to the Director vide ICAR letter No.
The Director and Heads of Divisions are delegated powers as per OO No.
Duties of Director
- To plan/organize training programmes in the area of Agricultural Research Management
- To coordinate the work of different units of the Academy
- To plan/coordinate research programmes and undertake case studies in the area of Research Management
- To provide consultancies to Universities/Research institutes
To carry out duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Director General of Indian Council of Agricultural Research or any authority delegated power in this regard
Duties of Heads of Divisions
- Agricultural Research Systems Management and Policies Division
- Information and Communication Division
- Human Resource Development Division
- To guide, lead, and contribute in training/research/consultancy in the areas of i) Agricultural Research Systems, Project Management and Agricultural Policies; ii) Information and Communication Management, Computer Application and Networking, and Agricultural Statistics; iii) Human Resource Development, Educational Technology, and Educational Psychology
- To facilitate in bringing about inter-institutional linkages and collaboration
To carry out duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Director of the Institute or any authority delegated power in this regard